The Cable

Image result for Antigua WINN FM

(Antigua Observer) A viral photograph of the back of a female, who was reportedly burnt by a laptop which was left charging overnight on her bed, has prompted a Fire Prevention Officer and a Computer Technology expert to warn about the potentially dangerous practice.

In an interview with our newsroom yesterday, Yves Ephraim, the Manager of Pegasus Technologies explained that many people are not aware of the fact that the processor in a laptop runs at a temperature of about 55 degrees Celsius and the device is designed to fit on a flat surface where there is a clear air flow and no vent is blocked.

“When those vents are blocked, the heat builds up inside the PC; and when this happens, components overheat and it could burst into flames and cause a fire,” Ephraim said.

He said laptops should not be placed on someone’s legs, bed, sheets, or any other soft surface.

Read more

Top Regional News

West Indies News Network (WINN FM 98.9)
Unit C24, The Sands Complex
Newtown Bay Road, Basseterre
St. Kitts, West Indies

Telephone
St. Kitts (Office): 869.466.9586
St. Kitts (Studio-On Air): 869.466.0989
Miami: 1.305.921.4619

New York: 1-718-285-6984
UK : 0333 -344-0065

Copyright © 2017 West Indies News Network. All rights reserved.

Website Design & Development: Genesis Creatives, St. Kitts Nevis